"Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
@4 months ago with 484437 notes
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it."
it wont be us who forget to catch the sunset out our draped windows and fucking crockpots man. so we can justify using electricity all night for no reason. more people today die from overconsumption than starvation. gorged on the satisfaction of a secure meal we have kicked up our feet and watched our children mature into a worn world.
@5 months ago
we listened blissfully to long songs and spoke heatedly about violence and you cut off my arguments and stopped the debates and i left for a very long time sure but i don’t ever want to be made to feel unworthy because i followed my own vision of my life. and i just hope you put as much sincerity on the thought of following me off to college as i do of you.
in other words, i am a new brand of human. one who does not come from and any singular place and we should all be told at least once in our lives to remember why you came here and remember your life is sacred.
we cannot shift so eagerly or we could lose face. decidedly not chill man.
i think we should all look more closely at where the things around us are coming from.
extending the suspenseful shadowplay is the most sensual thing.
this is the longest 4 minutes.
@5 months ago with 33 notes
So, when you say that women who’re naked or nearly naked don’t deserve respect, what you are really saying is that women by nature are unworthy of respect and must earn respect by covering herself to your liking.
a thought to breathe in